Tuesday 29 January 2013

Love as much as you can....

I always say that the meaning of the word love, has really been watered down. But I look at the cross and I see the shame, suffering, pain, agony that was no fault of His own. But the bible says He endured it all, just for my sake. How much are we willing to bear with the shortcomings of others, how much are we willing to tolerate, how much of ourselves and our time are we willing to give for others? Till we truly come to grips with the real meaning of love, this world we live in wont be a better place. As I rode back from dropping my parents off at the airport, I couldnt help but think of the reality of not having them around one of these days which is definitely not in the near future, and I made a reassuring promise to my self which I made quite some time ago, to love these folks, as long as I can, and with all that I have as God gives me the strength. And come to think of it, how will the world be, if we all made a genuine decision to love as many as come our way without any strings attached just for the sake of the command to "love one another". And as I reminisced on this, a song my mum usually sang to me whenever she called over the phone began to play, and how emotional this was. Love today! Cos you are not certain of Tomorrow< Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....