Saturday 2 December 2017

Butternut Squash

Last week was my first attempt using butternut squash in my recipe and for some reason it got me excited hahaha. I think it was the mere fact of having to look up different recipes and make something different from the regular.  I remember going to a friend's and as she served me a meal, I really liked the meal and asked for the recipe and she brought out a cook book. The sight of it got me laughing, I considered a cook book quite vintage and also since she lived by herself, my expectation was that her meals would be quite basic but the crux of the matter is that if you don't make yourself sumptuous meals when you live by yourself, you wont automatically start making sumptuous meal when you have guests around or start a family. Its an act that improves with constant practice😊


 I roasted some of the butternut squash with other veggies. I seasoned it all and just chucked it into the oven
I roasted half of it whole, scooped it out and added it to my chicken soup


Soup means different things to different people. Being African, soup is very different for me however this is the English chicken soup. I added the scooped butternut squash to the soup and because I love to eat my veggies crunchy I did not make it into a smooth paste. Lets say, it all turned out nice. Tap on my back hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....