Tuesday 11 December 2012

EQUALITY:TO FEEL THE HEARTBEAT & BE THE HEARTBEAT

This month is one of the special months of the year in my family, as it happens to be the month my dear parents said "I Do" to each other some 32 years ago in the amazing city of Athens. Yes  you had me right 32 years ago, I know it sounds like an  anomaly in this present era, and I wonder what they had, and still have that this generation lacks. Dont get me wrong, growing up we saw it all, the good, bad and ugly times. But amidst everything I saw so much contentment in my parents marriage. My mum isnt as beautiful as a mermaid, and my father didnt have the wealth of Richard Branson, but they were so content in whom they were and what they shared for each other, and this they inculcated in my brothers and I. They also thought us that just like seasons, bad times will pass and that situations will always turn out for the best and this has helped me through the years. I have got a copy of their wedding invitation and their quote was, "The woman was not taken from the feet of man to be his slave, or from his head to be lord over him, but from his side, to be loved by him, close to his heart to feel his heartbeat and be his heartbeat.I was managing a couples accounts some time last week and as we had a little banter, I asked them what plans they had for Christmas and they had so much outlined and at the end of the statement the lady goes "We mark our anniversary, we have been married for 52 years" and  at this point, tears welled up in my eyes.
Finding fulfillment in a relationship is a choice we have to make. And the choices we make, are dependent largely on what we place our values on.
               *THINK LONGTERM*

                            E. Q . U . A . L .I . T. Y

                             


                                THE WOMAN CAME FROM A MANS RIB
                                 NOT FROM HIS FEET TO BE WALKED ON,
                                 NOT FROM HIS HEAD TO BE SUPERIOR,
                                 BUT FROM HIS SIDE TO BE EQUAL,
                                 UNDER HIS ARM TO BE PROTECTED,
                                 AND NEXT TO HIS HEART TO BE LOVED.

The best things in life are free, appreciate the ones whom God has put in your life today cos tomorrow you might not have the opportunity to do so.



1 comment:

  1. I was actually very touch at this particular post. "and I wonder what they had, and still have that this generation lacks" is still a big puzzle.what makes the big difference btw our parents generation of r/ship with these present generation. Hmmmm...the Lord is our Strength anywayz

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....