Thursday 22 May 2014

Prayer For Nations!!!

If you are an ardent reader of this blog, you will realise that I hardly write about the negative events happening around the globe. One of my friends calls me a "news junkie" that is because I am always aware of what is happening. Infact I listen to over three different news channels at different times of the day, plus twitter broadcasts etc and I know it is the same for most people. So if we can get the news all over the place, I personally choose not to draw more emphasis on the negativity. Today, all over world there is just so much happening all over the place and more yet to happen. If its not governments fighting and resulting in death of many, it is terrorists trying to fight their cause by inflicting harm on unsuspecting individuals, or even mothers killing their own children, an entire plane going missing, or a ship sinking with school children, or over 200 school children being kidnapped. I could continue going on and on, the list is endless.



However, it beats my imagination how people spend hours, trying to analyse the situation, condemning the governments and seating aloof doing nothing. Over 5 weeks ago, over 200 school girls were abducted by the terrorist group boko haram in Nigeria. This became a placard carrying session, with different rallies and many trying to use the occassion to come to the lime light. Well you tell me we were trying to create awareness!!! The awareness has been created and what next? In some countries people of like minds come together to form charities, trusts, foundations, NGOs for different causes so we should not only rely on the government for change. You can be the change!

And if you cant do that, you can do the least which yields great result PRAY! 2chronicles 7:14 says: If my people who are called by name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face, I will hear from heaven and heal their land.
Say a sincere prayer for the nations today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....