Saturday 5 January 2019

Travel Light...

I always marvel when I see backpackers. I tell my friends who are of a different race from mine that I can't do it and I ask them how they have been able to cope. I am the sort of a girl that comes to your house for the weekend and by the time I arrive at your door step, I arrive with a suitcase that makes you think that I am practically moving in with you😃.

Yesterday I was having a conversation with my mum and we were comparing & contrasting various cultures and its evident that peoples' perception & attitude to life is a reflection of the influence of culture. Some are ambitious & even borderline over ambitious, some believe in amassing wealth & the constant need/pressure to acquire more & more without limits but for others clutter spells disaster & its seen in how they live, what they need & what they acquire.





Yesterday I was going through my winter coats & there were some that I had not worn in 5 years!! I looked at them, smiled & put them back in position. I could not get myself to give them out & I ask myself why?? Especially seeing that I don't live in a mansion & I seriously need to de-clutter! If you ask me, that's a problem there!

Apart from possessions, what are you travelling with that is making your journey herculean? Is it bitterness, unforgiveness, jealousy, strife, unhealthy competition or even unhealthy ambition?
In 2019 forget about joining the bandwagon of those who say 2019 is going to be a fabulous year... its become so cliche! Rather let this be the year that you detox spiritually! Get rid of the lying, bitterness, strife, unforgiveness & the likes.... In essence in 2019, Travel light.... concentrate on what truly matters & will still matter in the next 2,5, & even 10 years & beyond!


May 2019 be your year of growth...

xx

Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....