Thursday 15 November 2012

Ellys Thought; Cultivating The Right Attitude

Today at work, a colleague really got me upset, and because it was a customer facing environment, I had to bite my upper lip and stay mute, I wouldnt wash my dirty linen in public, not infront of customers, no way lol! I knew my time would come, and I guess he also didnt expect less and because he knew he was wrong, he decided to play soft. I would always address an issue, its so much energy bearing a grudge or dont you think so? Except when you get the vibe that certain people want to be left alone or better still the relationship will be healthier if its from a distance Yes! you heard me right, Trust me not every relationship is meant to be, Yes! We are in the real world. Now when I confront him, he goes "O Elly!" you know I love, you and |I respond by saying love, its not the issue, just do the right thing!! And you wont believe he goes "Elly you know I will do anything for you" can you imagine this guy?? lol! And I finally sit him down and let him realise, that by doing the right thing, hes actually cultivating the right character for himself and developing a healthy personality.

Now often times, we do the wrong thing and hide under the pretence of love( which most of us are guilty of) but the truth is that there is only as far as we can get. Do the right thing and leave love out of the question. Also do the right thing not because of who is involved but because it is the right thing to do. If we do the right thing because of who is involved, we end up enslaving ourselves and leaving in mediocrity.
So when you go out today, In all you act, do and say, dont forget to do what is right, regardless of who is involved and you stand out from the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....