Friday 22 August 2014

Joke Of The Day;Will God Give Me A Partner?

There I was having my lunch, and a colleague stepped in to equally grab something to eat. We do not work in the same department so it was quite a good bonding time for both of us as we got to know a bit more about each other. We had a laugh as she told me a bit about her kids and as the conversation progressed, I felt the need to tell her about Gods love and the peace that comes from knowing God. For anyone who knows me, I spare no opportunity to talk about the Fathers love to as many as I come across(are you doing the same?).

          However as she listened attentively, I promised to get her a devotional the next day, that daily encourages individuals about their walk with Christ, using real life/real people scenarios. And there comes the bombshell, she goes "elly will that devotional  bring me a partner"? and she said it as a determinant for accepting the devotional from me. At that I laughed so hard and she also laughed with me. In between the laughter however I stopped and responded, " the answer to your question is YES! Because the truth is that when we come to God, He gives us everything in accordance to His will, and having a happy home with your partner is one of them". As I said this she responded in agreement saying "elly you know what you say is true! because my brother really loves God and goes to church and does well and he is happily married and living with his wife"

Lesson Of The Day; Never miss an opportunity to tell someone about God, you might be all they need to lead them in the right path, and thinking of this, I just remember that if the servant girl did not tell Namaan the leper about Elisha, he would not have been healed.(2 Kings 5:1-19) That might have been her sole purpose in that family, to bring deliverance. Even a joke can be turned around to Gods glory.

Lesson 2; There is nothing God cannot do/give. If its in  His will, then its his bill. Keep Trusting!

                               Have a lovely weekend guys--ellyeleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....