Thursday 25 June 2015

The Beauty and Utility of Poetry -Dave Neita

Most times we say things like I dont like this or that, but it makes a whole lot of difference if we are involved in someway or the other. The passion or interest just gets boosted. I remember a couple years ago, I wouldnt be caught watching Formula One, but I had a friend then who couldnt go a moment without keeping tabs on the grand prix and before you know it, it began to rub off on me. Now I am not a huge fan of poetry but I met Dr David for the first time two years ago and it was quite an interesting experience. Being a career driven person with so much determination to suceed, once I identify a person who I think has reached a height I aim to be, I boldly go up to them and strike a conversation with them. Meeting David, was one of such moments and he's quite an interesting person to speak to and he motivated me in so many ways. While speaking to him, he emphasised on the power of networking and right there,He sent me invites to listen to notable individuals which held at the prestigious London School Of Economics and actually till date I still get invited. But I must say, the conferences had a huge difference on my perception of life and success and has been a contributing factor positively to most of the things I do. Tell me about"Iron sharpens Iron" hahaha. David was however invited to the TED talk and he delivered his poetry. As I listened, I smiled, at some point it left me reasoning about the words he spoke, at other times I laughed but most importantly I enjoyed Poetry, which I never knew I could enjoy. I have attached the link here, and I hope you enjoy listening to David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....