Friday 1 January 2016

A Different Year...

As I grew older and became more sensible and focused, before the start of the new year,  I would always  write down what I wanted to achieve in the coming year, more like a vision board. And from time to time during the year, I would review and have an assessment of how far I had come. Now over the years, this list has gone from being a long epistle of wants to just few things I wanted to see happen. Could this be because most of those prayers have been answered or a realisation of what really matters in life? I would say its a mix of both but more of the latter.


Being a very goal oriented and determined person, I have actually had my life planned out over the years. Ask me what I hope for when I get to 40, 50, or 60 and I will spill it out. The most interesting bit about being so planned however is that God looks at the whole plan, smiles upon it and re-orders it in my own best interest. That is what others call timing and providence, or even luck. I however call it "Everything working together for my good because I love God". Is it always an easy pill to swallow? Hell No! Trust my personality, I try to fight, reason it out with God, try to guilt trick God with my fasting and tears, prove my generosity by out giving.... But in all, His mercies still prevail. With the end goal of not just giving me more than I could ever imagine, but making me a better person, a reflection of His goodness. 

This year, to my amazement, the only thing that I can seem to have penned on my vision board is "Lord what will you have me do?". If your experience does not shape you, nothing else will. I say this because in my walk with God in 2015, He took me to several heights I never knew I would attain, I achieved things that I only fantasied about, and most importantly, things I put up for when I get to 40/50, I am doing now. 

In 2015, I learnt what it really meant to rest upon God, I understood what it meant to let God take the wheel and trust that He knew the destination and will land me in one piece, I also understood that God is interested in  my dreams, and all I need to do is start, and He will bring it to a beautiful reality. I also came to the realization that in all, nothing can take the place of fulfillment except God satisfies an individual. It also dawned on me  that I might not understand it all, but the future always reveals it all. In an earlier post, I said, "we live life forward but understand it backwards" 

The main reason, why as I prayed my way into 2016, all I could utter was "Lord what will you have me do?". There is so much beauty that comes with resting on God, and Oh Yes! this year, I looked more beautiful than I have ever looked(lol),seriously I was such a beauty to behold, I had so many positive compliments on my looks than I have ever had and Yes!  I learnt to deal with the stares(hahaha)
 On a more serious note, the compliments came as a surprise most times  because 2015 was the busiest I have ever been in my life, I was in different countries at different times, different presentations, conferences, business meetings, network groups, and yes my newest baby Ellyeleanor Foundation (ellyeleanor.org) was born and is becoming bigger than I could ever have imagined. The possibilities have been limitless, but the best thing that has happened to me in 2015  has been learning to "REST" on God. 

In 2016, will you give God a try??
Life could be quite overwhelming some times, some times situations seem to take over us. At this point, if you ever need someone to stand with you in prayer or just listen to you, just send me an email: elly@ellyeleanor.org  and regardless of the country you are in, I will call if you need me to speak to you. This is one of the ways I am giving back in 2016, I am giving my time which is very priceless to hurting individuals this year.

Have a fabulous 2016, may you enjoy Gods presence like never before in this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....