Tuesday 5 January 2016

Pop Of Persimons


Its a new year and now we get to hear a lot of boring! boring! resolutions. Yes I say boring because for a lot of people is just so much talk and no work. Anyways we are into the 5th day of the new year , so how far have you come with your decisions/resolutions if you made any? Well for the past 8 days, I have been walking 5 Miles, 2.5 in the am and 2.5 pm. Lets see how long I get to do these . I normally try to maintain a healthy life style though, most times it takes getting new gym outfits to get me started. This time around, thank God I didn't have to wait for a new set of Nike trainers to get started, I might have been waiting a long time (hahaha). We all have to fight vanity at one point or the other right? Also because once I go pass the doors at work in the mornings, its like non-stop. Most times, hitting my target for water intake is hard as I hate to leave glasses of water lying around the office, so I got a new water jar, and just have it beside my work station. Its 600ml, and I easily finish this and need a refill with so much ease, I think you should try it too. 




Now on one of my quick weekend getaways a few weeks ago, a friend introduced me to persimons, and I was like "wow, why havent I tried this all the while"? Its the new addition to my fruit bowl and its always a delight to have them. As usual I am sharing my discovery with anyone who cares to listen(hahaha). Its also filled with so much goodness too, which includes a high percentage of potassium, Vitamin A, D, B12, as well as calcium. Its carbohydrate content also keeps you fuller for longer which makes it a winner for weight watchers. Its high antioxidant properties also make it a favourite part of your 5 a day. For the American/North Americans, I hear you guys dont really understand/know it, Is that true? Well its actually native to China/Japan before it found its way to other regions. So this year, if you can, add persimons to your fruit basket and thank me later ):





















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....