Saturday 22 September 2018

Grief Path- Life after...

Few months ago precisely on the 15th of April 2018, my dad passed on. Its amazing how a single phone call has the capability to change your life forever. Nothing prepares anyone for death &  from my experience, I have no words to describe exactly how I felt when I received that call and how I still feel... There are no right adjectives that will justify how I feel. They say time heals but I feel that's just cliche anyways in my case. Even as I write this, the tears still flow... 'oh dad'

However it has been a season of tremendous growth. My words have become few, my patience improved, my dependence on God solidified, I find myself displaying wisdom beyond my years thanks to the holy spirit, my determination to really live & not just exist has been heightened and my reflections have taken a different form. Honestly this growth has happened unconsciously not out of determination but just by the circumstances surrounding me. The only thing I have consciously & prayerfully made an attempt not to fall into is depression and not necessarily because of the fear of the end result but because of the assignments/projects ahead of me which are quite huge. I have also made a conscious effort to de-clutter my mind & focus on what is important.


Some days however if not most days, I miss 'me'... I miss the days before the 15th of April. I wish everything could just go back to the way things were before dad shut his eyes for the last time. But I don't have so much time to remain in la la land because right before me, another battle lies ahead of me. The past 2 weeks have been intense and the coming ones will need additional 'Grace'....


This thing called life.... it just never ends. I am however glad to have this platform, to inspire both you & myself... yes writing is actually therapeutic for me and I will be here for a very long time inspiring this generation as the holy spirit helps me. 

Thanks to everyone who has followed me and constantly logging for inspiration even during my long silence. I  have a project I am working on which I will be sharing with you all soon.. 😊 

Do you have tips on how you got through a difficult path in life? Please share 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....