Tuesday 25 November 2014

In Search Of Noah!

I was having my personal quiet time, praying as well as reflecting on the scriptures I had just read. At that point a lot of things were going through my mind. I kept saying to myself, "Where is this power"? We read how the red sea was divided, how the sun stood still at Gibeon, how the walls of Jericho crumbled, how Esther  became queen in a foreign country(now tell me she was the most beautiful, and I will correct you by saying it was nothing but the favour of God). Is that power still at work today?? God cannot lie! We only need to re evaluate our lives......
We see/hear of people die everyday.... Christians and non christians alike. Death affects the good, bad and the ugly..... Yet we are still not refocused..... we are still pursuing/ trying to grasp what will  and cannot last.
We have become so noisy, we sound like broken records.......We call the name of the Lord but our actions prove otherwise. Competition is the order of the day...... the largest church..... the largest congregation etc. But yet the rottenness continues to increase, the stench we produce cannot be distinguished from that which stems from hell.




I normally say, my generation has upset God so much, but come to think of it, there is nothing new under the sun. The sins of today, were prevalent in the times of old both AD and BC. There was murder, homosexuality, wickedness, people sacrificed their children, witchcraft was prevalent, siblings had sexual relations with  each other etc.... But in all of this, when God wanted to destroy the first earth, there was Noah....And he was a just man....And he was saved. There was also a church in Babylon Yes! The bible described Mary as a virgin, because back in the days it was not a common sight....Yes! When Elijah thought he was the only one who loved God, God showed him 120 people more who were still faithful.

Nothing indeed is new, but the determination to be 'TRUE CHRISTIANS', honest to our word, living like the Master, experiencing His power and impacting our world, should be NEW everyday.

If God were to destroy the earth again..... will He look upon me and say..... 'But Elly will be saved'......?
Help me Lord to live my life In accordance to your will and leading.... Amen  

3 comments:

  1. OK...this is one of ur greatest write-up this year!Kudo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, I hope it speaks to many and produces the right response as the holy spirit gives us better understanding.

      Delete
  2. Amen. May God help me focus solely on Him because everything else will follow as I seek Him first. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....