Monday 26 October 2015

Joke Of The Day!

Whiffy Shoes......

At work, I have got this colleague who is always on my case. And I don't mean it in a nasty way because that kind of enforced camaraderie of office life is needed  from time to time. However he has such a big mouth most times that I lack response to his cynicism which is rare with me but I just bite my upper lip and let go. Its actually been a personal decision for  sometime. The older I get, I find out that not every battle is worth fighting. I have been determined to choose my battles wisely as well as my response. Some statements/remarks are so foolish however, but on days like this, I just brew the coffee stronger, ask God for grace, get some fresh air and continue my day as normal. This is not part of the story just an interjection(hahaha)

However, living in London, I normally leave for work in these flats, that have seen better days and I change to proper shoes before the doors open to the public. These shoes have survived the holocaust, 2nd &3rd world wars, Hiroshima bombings, in fact you name it!(hahahha). Thanks to marks and spencer and their 100%  original leather goods, the shoe has still refused to breathe its last breath. With these shoes, the remark that someone/something fits into ones life like an "old pair of shoes", comes alive


 
Today however, this guy picks up my shoes from under my desk. He lifts it up and goes "Elly can you come and have your shoes" As he held it up, I just said a silent prayer "God, let him not smell those shoes or the entire team wont hear the last of it" Anyways, that is one prayer, that was not answered because right before my very eyes, he brought the neglected shoes to his nose!!!!!

I braced myself up for what was to come, and to my shock he goes, well they don't smell but come and pick them up. I couldn't believe my eyes and rushed and actually smelt them and it just smelt of original leather, nothing more. I saw the look on his face as I laughed, "And I screamed Yes!!!!! my hygiene is top notch. The only thing he didn't know however was the prayer I prayed before, and the panic I almost had before it all(hahaha)

Don't be caught off guard peeps, get your shoes cleaned and yours socks/thighs too pleaseeeee....... Haha



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....