Friday 2 October 2015

Foot Love!


No matter how tight our schedule is, some things need to be done and when they are not done,  either the weather/ an occasion, or even a caricature made would make us do the needful. And one of them is foot care hmmmm.

Now when you live in the temperate region and you have to deal with sub zero degrees for most of the year, you have no choice but to  hide those feet in socks and boots. Not just any pair of socks and boots, but the thicker the socks and higher the boots the better. Easy peasy!  the foot is out of sight. Don't get too excited though,  cos the rays will shine through again and even if it's delayed, there might be just that occasion that needs those feet to be out in those super high sexy sandals and then you have got to do the needful. Apart from all of the above, if you are however as finicky as I am sometimes, you might just look at your feet and go yuck! These feet are definitely not mine, they belong to someone else meddling in muddy waters (laughs ).

And when you get to  that stage you bring out the pedicure set if you don't want to use the professionals.



I like to keep mine as basic as possible. I don't have enough patience for some activities, one of the reasons why my make up routine is soooo basic, nothing fancy. Someone please  remind me that YouTube still exists(laughs).

Now when it comes to pedicure, I have been going about it the wrong way which is soaking before scrubbing but I  used a different technique today. It might come in handy for you!

Step 1
Get all you need together in one spot, you don't want to wet the whole floors with your feet and be in the danger of slipping.

Step 2
With your  foot file, scrub out the dead cells vigorously, not neglecting the heels and sides of your feet.

Step 3
Get a basin of water with temperature slightly above 39 degrees Celsius.  To this basin add your foot wash, if you don't have any add an ultra moisturising body wash. To this add some essential oils like argan oil and vitamin E oils, or even original shea butter as well as slices of  fresh lemon. Yes fresh lemons! I  didn't  actually plan to do this but as I  soaked my feet and read a book, I found out that I was quite thirsty.  I  had a bottle of water close to me as well as a glass of water that had lemons in it as I always add lemons to my water. The problem however was that the glass containing the lemons had been there all morning and a call just came in so at this point I just couldn't move my wet feet. #

I  just poured the glass of water containing the lemons into the  basin of water that I had my feet in and carried on with my conversation as I could now use the glass for my water. The conversation however lasted a while which meant my feet were soaked all the while. And by the time I brought them out, I couldn't believe it, my feet looked so clean in fact I will say a bit bleached  (laughs) the remaining dead cells came off with little effort from the foot file, not only that but it was intensely moisturised,  quite supple that anyone could kiss my feet over and over again (laughs ) that's on a lighter note. But whatever you do with your feet,  when you soak, add lemons.

Step 4
Use a sugar/salt scrub on the entire feet to wash off the last bit of any loose hanging dead cells, then rinse off in fresh water, dry and moisturise. All done! Finito!

You have any interesting fact you would like to  share? don't hesitate to do that.Drop an email/ a comment

Have a blessed week all

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....