Saturday 17 October 2015

Lounging & Cookies

Most times, the wrong diet is not always the preferred choice but the available choice. In trying to be healthy, I have no problems at all. I love to cook and I love variety. Some times however the portions served are a bit ouch! in comparison to the exercise done(hahaha).


The sin I am yet to conquer, is the sin of having so much crisps, cakes,cookies and freshly made croissants! God help me!. I have overcome fizzy drinks, in fact I cant remember the last time I had one. I got upset with the sugar content of the smoothies I get from my grocery store especially when I pay a bit higher for the named brands, so I started making mine fresh. And I promise you, anyone who has my smoothies always comes back for more(hahaha).  I have loads of water, I could compete with a fish which is good hahaha

Yesterday however as I had my feet up after work and watched tv, I decided to make some cookies with oats. I cook really well but when it comes to baking, I have a bit of a cold feet. I just think its so much work. But in August, I decided to challenge myself to start doing some baking and I am making an effort(hahaha)

For the cookies, I used:
Original rolled oats(porridge oats)
Yeast
Natural Greek Yogurt
Slices of Peaches
Honey
Peanut butter
Semi skimmed banana flavoured milk

Please do not ask me for measurements because that was discretionary  (hahaha, what a fabulous cook I am!). I just mixed them all together and I came out with this



I lined the baking pan with baking paper and the oven was already at 220 degrees centigrade, After about 10 minutes I reduced it to about 140 degrees centigrades and left it for another 10 minutes and I came out with this



It might not look the best, but it tasted absolutely Yum! My initial plan was to use blueberries, but I had none left and next time, I am adding no honey.I  don't think its necessary but I will be adding more nuts. I am taking this healthy living seriously(hahaha). How about you? Share some tips. 
Going to have a hot cuppa with my left over cookies, and did I say its so filling? You hardly feel peckish after this at least for the next 5 hours.


2 comments:

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....