Thursday 26 October 2017

Last Night with Debbie Wosskow

I am very keen on networks and particular about the people that cross my path on this journey called life. Few years ago, I met a top lawyer in the city in the line of duty and as we got talking, it went from business to my plans for the future. My passions keep bursting out and you need to be with me for few minutes and you get so absorbed by merely listening to me(hahaha). When I was done talking, he had a few things to say which came in really handy and he goes "I need to add you to the mailing list for the Tell Series @ London Business School. True to his words I got an email indicating that it had been done and I have been privileged to listen to amazing high profile entrepreneurs at LBS.

Last night, I had the pleasure of listening to Debbie Wosskow and it was quite inspiring. She was the former CEO of Love home swap which was sold few months ago for $53 million.  She was awarded an OBE by the Queen for her services to business and she is a big advocate for female entrepreneurs.

She had so many words of encouragement as well as pieces of advice for both start-ups and business going through the growth phase. Some of them resonated with me though:
"If the only thing you count as success is the exit, then you are going to spend a lot of time being miserable"
again     "If you are a negative person, being an entrepreneur is not for you" 

It was a really lovely evening networking, gaining insight from various individuals over wine, juice and lovely food.


I was quite early though so I used the bathroom, saw a large mirror had a look at me and decided to have a go at this bathroom selfie brouhaha lol!


When you are not a pro, you do it with so much seriousness lol!
"On this journey to becoming an entrepreneur, I will do all it takes by working hard, gaining the right knowledge and staying focused to ensure that I am the best at what I do"--- Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....