Thursday 4 January 2018

A different start...

Its a new year & before I start with any epistle, let me start by praying Gods blessings & guidance over you & yours if you are reading this. I said God's blessings & guidance because to me they are practically intertwined. You have to follow his leading, to reach the desired destination & God never leads anyone to failure. The thoughts of the Lord towards us are good to give us an expected end Jer 29: 11.

New year resolutions on the other hand seem to be more like a cliche.... I don't make them but if it works for you, then fair and good. I however have a prayer guide that I kick start the year with and every year, I present my life goals to God and pray that I understand his Path and not get too consumed in my own plans because He always has better & bigger plans for me. My main focus this year is to be attentive to God's leading because I have a lot to do & I don't want to make fatal errors.





To keep it simple, the things I have told several individuals as well as myself this year are these:

1) In life, one size never fits all. Understand yourself & understand what works for you.

2) Children sometimes consider sleep a punitive measure but for an adult, sleep is always luxury. So what ever steals your sleep in 2018, get rid of it!

3) You are better of being resolute in the right decisions you make than making a whole lot of  vague resolutions that  are not 'SMART' (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic & time-bound) & finally...

4) Be led by God ( This is the most important bit for me this year)

I wish everyone a 2018 filled with so much joy, peace & accomplishment of Goals

xx

Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....