Thursday 28 June 2018

Difficult decisions...

I had to make a difficult decision on Tuesday after an expected phone conversation. Now sometimes in life, I pray for something but when that prayer finally gets answered I seem to develop cold feet because its not in the exact way I want it or maybe sometimes I am just so overwhelmed by the reality of the answered prayer and because of the way I am wired, when I have a victory in a certain area, it becomes boring and I look for something more daunting! (not a very nice way to live honestly).

Back to the conversation; Now I had to make a decision and becomes it didn't come in the way I wanted, the pros & cons kept going through my head and in the end I go "can you please give me sometime to think about this and get back to you"? And to which he responded yes "I will give you 24hrs and I respond "please can I push for 48 hrs"? And he responds "okay Elly I will give you 48hrs but not more than that because we need to know the way forward ASAP.

Now the 48 hours elapses today and I need to make that phone call with a response but up until 2AM, I was confused because I did not know the right feedback and this was a decision I had to make. By 1.00AM I was on the phone to my brother and he says "this is what you have always wanted, in April you turned down an offer and now you are about to turn down another one? No! Go for it! The sacrifice will be worth it.



When I was done with him, I was about 50% convinced of what I wanted to do but afterwards, I prayed and read the above from https://www.ucb.co.uk/word-for-today and I felt that was God directly speaking to me.

And in a few hours.... I will be making that call.
Sometimes you don't have all the details but that is where faith plays a role...

How have you dealt with difficult life decisions? Please share and lets learn a thing or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....