Tuesday 14 May 2013

Blaze It Up!


This week has been a pretty long one, just the second day and I already feel like wow shoot me! lol! Even the holidays are quickly forgotten once reality sets in. And now I am going through my wardrobe checking for what to wear tomorrow and because its going to be a pretty long one for me and one in which you want your image to speak before you do(laughs), I am looking for the most comfortable but stylish pieces in my wardrobe. And it just occurs to me that, If there’s one garment that adds instant polish to any ensemble, it’s a blazer. Worn over everything from jeans to skirts and dresses to even shorts, it adds the perfect element of sophistication for work or for play. The beauty of a blazer is the way it instantly transforms an outfit—a casual ensemble can become a chic statement just by adding a tailored blazer, or a bold-colored jacket can make a formal look much less stuffy! I was at a leaving do two weeks ago and I wowed everyone by my subtle addition of this lovely cut piece over a sequence camisole  I had on. The key to staying  in tune, is having them in different colours, lengths and most importantly the style of the arms/sleeves. If you feel its to bland, just roll up the sleeves sluggishly, as seen in the Terracotta coloured blazer you will be amazed at the outcome.  
  Image 1 of Mango Miranda Stand Collar Blazer
















For Day to Night: Mustard, Emerald, & Leopard 

As I like to say, there aren’t any rules when it comes to mixing colors—so why not mix in a print as well? This look is professional enough for day, but the pumps make it fun enough for night.
8146767955 8f775b18aa k 610x921 5 Perfect Ways to Wear a Blazer
Blazer: Zara

For a Party: Sequins & Pleats 

 You can still wear shiny, glamorous sequins! Like I said earlier, I did two weekends ago and it just looked lovely.
 To downplay the sparkle factor, opt for sequins in muted colors, like army green or navy blue.
6670940237 730569a7b0 b 610x921 5 Perfect Ways to Wear a Blazer

For Casual Friday: Instant Chic

The easiest way to go chic in an instant? Throw a blazer over your favorite jeans and top.
6664755337 c28d029fc3 b 610x921 5 Perfect Ways to Wear a Blazer

For Brunch With the Ladies: Conjuring Fall 

When it comes to wearing a staple time and time again, playing with fabrics and colors is the key. This blue velvet blazer is a unique twist on the classic, but it’ll always be in fashion.
5811090428 b961186fc9 b 610x921 5 Perfect Ways to Wear a Blazer
The velvet is surely my favourite, also get them in burgundy and you can get away with just anything, trust me.

For a Date: Nighttime Basics 

Dressing-up classic denim is my favorite fashion pastime. When all else fails, throw on your fave pair of jeans and add nighttime basics: a blazer and pumps!
8270416237 ab1e0de4a7 k 610x921 5 Perfect Ways to Wear a Blazer
Its quite amazing what a pair of heels and those blazers can do, to your final outlook. Will bring you more tips, have you got any to share? Feel free to do so.
(photos:Daily Muse)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....