Monday 6 May 2013

God Awareness

And here I am singing a worship song during my morning devotion, and as I move unto the next song, I clearly hear in my spirit, go back to the other song you just sang, sing it with understanding and believe what you say. The lyrics of the song was, I have confidence in God, anytime/any day. And as I obeyed and began to sing the song again, I begin to ask myself what it really means to have confidence in God? And I tell myself, its believing even when it seems impossible, its silencing my intellect and allowing the word of God to take charge and bring the supernatural unto the natural, its knowing the facts but believing in the truth of His word, and power of my God. Its coming to the understanding that the foolishness of God is wiser than man.

In James 4:8, it says Draw near to me and I will draw near to you. Until we go past religion/dogmas and the burdens of silly spiritual political idiosyncrasies and come into His presence with just one purpose-to know Him/please Him/Be like Him, our lives remain as bland as we can ever imagine. Until we break forth from how my church does it/ what the priest/pastor/spiritual leader says and come to understand this God ourselves for who He truly is, we end up just living mere rituals that take us nowhere and constantly widens the vacuum we so desperately need God to fill.

As the Russians celebrated Easter yesterday, and majority of Christians a few weeks ago on the 31st of March, there was so much hype about lent/fasting/ abstinence of meat etc. I vividly remember one of the days at work during lunch hour and a colleague goes"I cant wait for the fasting to be over so that I go back to my meals" and I quickly say and what has abstaining from a meal got to do with the state of your heart/pleasing God? Don't get me wrong, fasting is a spiritual exercise, I do not take lightly, but being seasonally religious, when we tell the whole world its our season of "Lent" and try to indulge in rituals which we have no understanding of and thereafter return to our regular selves is absolute stupidity in my opinion. It would be better if the purpose was to maintain a healthy lifestyle/diet but lets not link it to Christianity.

In the book of Isaiah, He shows us the type of fast he wants, He is interested in the heart and not necessarily the foods we abstain from. And I ask what will abstinence from meat for instance, for a certain period have on  a heart that is full of filth and wickedness? What we really need is a God awareness and moving away from  playing religion which is our greatest undoing to establishing a renewed relationship with Him where in we can boldly address Him as My Father!
  "Serve God with a different understanding, and experience a difference to life"
                                              *THINK LONGTERM*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....