Saturday 30 November 2013

A heart of thanksgiving.....

As I woke up this morning, and lay on my bed, realising today was the last day in the month of November, I couldnt help but recall all that had happened from the first day of the year. The challenges, the joys, the tears, the fears, the hopes, the highs and lows. Times when I felt I was living my dreams, and at other times I felt it was just a mirage and the thoughts kept coming and amidst the thoughts I kept wondering what God had kept me from, and in the midst of it all, in the quietness of my soul, my spirit keeps saying 'THANK YOU LORD', it could have been worse, but still I stand. Yes I stand! I did not drown! And if you are reading this, I declare that you too. I was at a conference a couple days ago and one of the Professors said, I quote "It is in the climbing process that we see the vista, not at the top"..... and I agree with this in toto. This has been a really difficult year, the media has not made light of this either. With the tales of woe, natural disasters, wars, mass killings, child abuse and you name it. But the encouragement we have is that the name of the Lord is a strong tower, and we are safe in Him. On Christ the solid rock we stand indeed. As we gear towards the epilogue, we go in the strength that it will end in praise and we are going into 2014, reinforced by the assurance of His WORD and the power of His LOVE... Shalom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....