Sunday 17 November 2013

BE THANKFUL

As I sat at my desk, a colleague comes and sits down on the sit opposite me. Droopy shoulders and a long face, and I knew something was wrong. I lock up my work station and direct my attention to her and was really concerned at this point. And there she goes.... "O Elly, nothing seems to be working for me....." And it goes on. I listen intently without interrupting, and when shes done, I ask "Is that all? and she gives me the look that says, O Elly... I need sympathy. But if you know me well, I have learnt a long time ago, not to throw pity parties or even be in attendance at any. I respond by telling her, "You think your situation is bad? some people are going through worse. As I was yet to end my talk with her, her phone rings and she is told, her 21 year old cousin has been diagnosed with cancer which wasnt caught early, and to that I respond, "You see girl, be thankful for where you are cos it could be worse.







 As I went on my knees and said my prayers, I reminisced on all He has done and is still doing, and my prayer was Lord teach me to recall, teach me to remember, teach me to really and truly BE THANKFUL. And that is my advise to you, Learn to be thankful. Enter His courts with praise, and you will definitely not leave the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....