Sunday 12 February 2017

Be Resilient...

Life presents us with so many challenges regardless of who we are or what we believe. No one is immune to the vicissitudes of life. However our resilience to situations determines how far we will go towards achieving our dreams. In the previous post, I spoke about my insight to the book of Ezra and the opposition faced at building the temple. Ezra and his men however where unstoppable and you know the end of the story.

Today as I watched Dragons den, and observed Nick Jenkins and recalled his story, I felt quite encouraged.


Image result for nick jenkins married
Image:bbc.co.uk

Now being the founder of Moonpig.com, it took him 5 years of losses & 4 rounds of fundraising before the website eventually made a profit and was finally sold for a 120million pounds(bbc.co.uk) now how can someone constantly incur losses for 5 consecutive years and keep going on?

My mum is the first woman who has inspired me and keeps inspiring me till date. Her resilience is second to none. She is one woman who I think distraction does not exist in her vocabulary. Once her mind is set, there is no going back. Now my mum studied linguistics in Paris and when she got back to Nigeria, she decided to start up a french school at the time to start teaching adults french as a 2nd language. As at the time, it was not appreciated or maybe her packaging was not top notch, so after several losses incurred with rising overhead and no profit, she packed it up. She tried her hands at several businesses and at the end I can tell you that she is presently an influencer in her field with most people looking up to her and coming to her for consultations.

As you go into this week contemplating how to handle those challenges or putting off/procrastinating starting that new venture,remember that the knocks will surely come and giving up isn't an option. Give it your best shot and keep at it until you achieve your goal.

Did I mention I will be consulting for free for start ups and SMEs for a short period of time? 🙂

Take advantage of the offer, it wont be for too long. Send me  a mail if you need my services.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....