Tuesday 29 August 2017

Be Gracious....

Character speaks so loud and this is one of the many reasons we have to be very careful of not just what we say, but what we do. Speaking to someone recently who felt I was intentionally keeping a distance, my response was "Your words don't align with your actions and at this moment I am genuinely busy trying to meet deadlines of some targets so I don't have time to figure out why that's the case with you but when I am less busy, I might try to revisit the situation". Now some might say, that's ice cold, but I will say, that's being black and white crystal clear. This is same reason why lots of people make a mess of their message because they preach something else and their actions are a direct opposite of what they preach! No graciousness in their actions.

Image result for be gracious
Photocredit: todaysdoodle.com

Now at my gym class, the instructor asked us to go get mats as it was needed for the next session. Everyone went to the mat stand and picked up one, but this lady, picked up about 5 mats and began distributing to those of us behind her. Tell me about graciousness. The holy spirit began to speak to me about graciousness at that point.

Now when I am driving, sometimes I find out I am in the wrong lane, and I indicate that I need to join a different lane, some people just blatantly ignore, while others just let me get on ahead of them.  The holy spirit again says to me, even on the road, you can tell a persons character. I am now very aware of other road users, and I see no big deal in letting one or two cars go ahead of me at a very tight intersection.

I was in New York with a friend and as we got off the train and went past the barriers, a man was rummaging through his bag and was still behind the barriers as we all went past him. Now my friend goes to him and says "Sir is everything okay"? Because there was a possibility that he couldn't go past the barriers because he had misplaced his ticket.

Graciousness means we are kind and thoughtful of others. Living in London for quite some time has taught me to be more polite even though most times, its quite superficial for Londoners lol! I also ask others if they care for tea and coffee when I go to get one for myself. Now for some it might be superficial, but the tricky thing about character is that people can tell if you are genuine or not.

In All, Be Gracious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....