Friday 16 February 2018

Entrepreneur minds...

I was advising a business executive few months ago who was planning to take some drastic decisions which would result to several individuals having their jobs terminated, job description changed for others and certain privileges stripped from a majority of staff. For individuals who know me, they describe me as benevolent but when it comes to business, I don't do sentiments. However I am very strategic with the decisions I implement. Timing is key! I advised them to go about it in a different way. My measures were actually more shrewd but it was wrapped in compassion before the final bombshell was released. I believe compassion always brings result especially for staff who have a mind to work. Strict measures were put in place, compassion was shown to individuals deserving of it and business is flourishing. Now that the ground has been set, I advised more compassion and benefits be introduced and as a result, the entire atmosphere in the business changed dramatically. The drive, passion and commitment of the workforce has skyrocketed and that business as I write is on the right path to  sustainable success. The key word is Sustainable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....