Sunday 25 February 2018

Lessons from the 'Tulips'

On Friday as I got to work, I saw these on my desk....
To be fair, I did not get excited, I felt really indifferent but at the back of my mind, I felt more like 'too little too late'. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the job I do at the moment and its in line with my plans for the future so I see it as a preparatory stage but the major challenge is that I have set myself a timeline for different events and due to that, I no longer get the maximum fulfillment from work(over ambition issues). However when I get into work, regardless of how I feel, I give  the job I do my absolute best or better put I try to do everything at work with the right attitude ensuring that my output is excellent...

Lesson 1. Regardless of how you feel, if you are employed to do a job, give it your best. People are watching but let the work you do, not be based on that. You are developing yourself, improving your skill & building a reputation all at the same time and if you are resilient, 'pay day' will come sooner than expected.... bigger than imagined....


Now I had to rush to go see a friend in hospital who was undergoing a major surgery. I had to drive 44 Miles to & fro but the Friday rush hour traffic made it seem like a 100 Miles. By the time I got back I had to get on the phone to get feedback from a very important meeting that took place earlier in the day and which I wasn't able to attend. At the end of the phone call, I was beyond knackered but as I looked at where I had dumped by work laptop and other items, I noticed the tulips but just wanted to ignore it as the sight looked like it had been through a lot just like its owner hahaha. I thought to myself its just dead after the way I handled it all through the day but on a 2nd thought, I just put it in a glass of water and by the time I woke up the next morning it looked like this......


Lesson 2: Given the right environment/opportunity, everyone has the potential to bloom so don't be quick to give up on people.....

Lesson 3: Beyond what the present looks like, never lose hope. Keep your hope alive.... The tulips looked like they had seen better days but I just added water to fulfill all righteousness and what a beauty that singular act brought about. So keep hope alive, keep dreaming, keep tweaking the plan and in due time you will reap a reward or the satisfaction of knowing that you gave life your best....

Hope everyone has a fab week.

Have any experiences to share? please feel free to comment.

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....