Tuesday 13 August 2013

Gods selection; People who don't know your story, cant share in your glory!

During my meditation this morning, I read the entire chapters of 1Samuel 9&10. It centres on how the Israelites needed a leader because they wanted to be like other nations around them and to satisfy their vain thoughts God gave them Saul.

The selection of Saul however was an amazing one because, he least expected it, in my own opinion, he was not qualified for it, he was so timid and not comfortable in his own skin. A very shy person who had to hide when he knew he was going to be selected and other traits which indicate anything but a good leader. But you know what? When God chooses you, he qualifies you.

Yes we are constantly reminded that we have our own part to play in our success story, but the entire procedure however in Gods terms might be really unconventional to the norm. He does this to show us that He is God and He's ways are not our ways and our approaches are not usually the same.

When Saul however got anointed and he went down the hill and saw a band of prophets and began prophesying, the people mockingly said, "is Saul also among the prophets"?? That is because, people who do not know your story, cant share in your glory.

As always I really love searching through the scriptures as it really develops my intimacy with God. Today however, there are key points which have inspired me and I am happy to share a few with you.

COMPETITION: The people came to Samuel and said, we want to be like other nations, we want a king..... The bible however says they that compare themselves with others are not wise. Also Gal 6:4 says likewise. Don't get me wrong, I daily learn from people, I aspire to be great and I take cues from people I consider my mentors. Competition however will rob you of your joy, peace, and self esteem as you constantly feel inadequate because of failure to be like someone else or exceed some other. Work hard, set your priorities right, be content with where you are, wait for your time, and most of all realise that the blessings of hard work come from God, and only then will you be on the highway to success.

INTIMACY: Nothing in this world and again I say nothing can take the place of an intimate relationship with God. When God is all you have, the He is all you need. People who didn't know the transformation that had taken place in Sauls life mockingly said  "is Saul also among the prophets"?? But when you know who you have been with and what He has said concerning your life, peoples opinion don't really count. God is a God who is able to take a man from the dungeon to the throne.
Discover Him for yourself today and experience eternal peace and fulfillment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....