Monday 19 August 2013

TRUST YOUR BIBLE. IT’S TRUE!

As I read, today's devotional, I just say to myself, the word of God, is really timely! There's a word for every situation. If only we can meditate more, trust more and obey more how different our perception of life would be. Nothing in life is as beautiful and attractive as a life that has been touched by God. My dads physician happens to be such a man. I have never met such a man in my whole life, tell me about compassion, faith, understanding and genuine interest in an individual and I will show you this man. Its amazing how we might be from different backgrounds, races, cultures, and infact worlds apart, but the love of God unites us all. Deepen your intimacy with God, its the beginning of a life of peace and fulfillment.

‘…that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled...’

Matthew 26:56


The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus fulfilled no less than twenty-nine different Old Testament prophecies. The odds of that happening are virtually impossible! Mathematician Peter Stoner explains it this way: ‘If you were to cover the state of Texas two feet deep in pound coins, then on one, place a mark. What is the probability that a blindfolded person could, on their first attempt, select that coin? That’s the likelihood of just eight prophecies being fulfilled in one lifetime. And Jesus fulfilled twenty-nine of them in one day!’ Let’s look at some of the prophecies He fulfilled: 1) ‘…They pierced My hands and… feet’ (Psalms 22:16 NKJV). 2) ‘They divide my garments…and…cast lots’ (Psalms 22:18 NKJV). 3) ‘…in that day…I will make the sun go down at noon, and…darken the earth in…daylight’ (Amos 8:9 NKJV). Jesus predicted both His death and His resurrection. He told His critics, ‘…“Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”…the temple he had spoken of was his body’ (John 2:19-21 NIV). Jesus orchestrated every event, including Judas’ betrayal, the high priest’s hypocrisy, and Peter’s denial. Why? ‘That the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled.’ So you can trust your Bible because it’s true. And something else is true too. God is ‘…able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine…’ (Ephesians 3:20 NIV). Note the words ‘immeasurably more.’ What seems impossible to you at the moment, is all in a day’s work for Him. So start trusting Him to work on your behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....