Monday 9 September 2013

Stillness In The Storm!

I love the quote that says,"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain". I am sorry to say but a lot of people have a very distorted view of God and His works and it is very evident when I hear the questions people ask, like "If there is really God, why do bad things like earthquakes and all the disasters happen"? I work in the financial sector and its no suprise when we refer to natural disasters as act of God. And I ponder in me the way we humans treat God, our life, people and the entire environment with this laissez-faire attitude, and yet feel we have the right to question God? I was speaking to a group of people yesterday and I clearly stated that spiritual maturity comes when we have a really intimate relationship with God, that we begin to seek His heart and not only his hands. Its evident even in the relationships we have with each other. We begin to grow deeper in love when we begin to seek the joy, peace, and fulfillment of the person we are in a relationship with, and not just what the person has to give us. If you are in a relationship, and all you do is withdraw, and withdraw and withdraw and never depositing into that relationship/life, one day the account is going to be in red, and that relationship is gonna come crashing with a big bang. Unfortunately that is the attitude of most of us towards God. We feel His job is to make things right and do as we please while we leave our lives as we wish. Unfortunately in Chemistry, we learn that for every ACTION there is always a subsequent REACTION. And this implies also in the spiritual. In Ps 23:4 It says even though I walk through the valleys of shadow of death, I will fear no evil. That clearly tells us that there will be valleys to walk, but as we walk them, He is there to walk with us. Isa43:2 says when you pass through the waters, fires, storms, you will not be burned/drowned/overcome cos I will be with you. Going through a storm/storms? Remember there is nothing too hard, for God to do. Jer32:27. Like others too, it will be PASS! So be still and know that God is very Able to do all things.

2 comments:

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....