Saturday 21 September 2013

The Language Of Praise

This week has really been a beautiful one, but the icing on the cake for me, was when I walk through the office, after a few days of being away and everyone to my amazement is genuinely excited to have me back, even the one fella, I have had several fights with, comes by me and he goes "Elly do you mind me standing beside you as you do your photocoping"? And my answer to that was "sure I mind" lol! Yea!one of my weaknesses is that I cant pretend. The response I get however is, "Elly you may not believe it but I really missed you as he looked me in the face, this time however, I managed a very wry smile. And deep in my heart, I remind myself, to make excuses for people, and give people not just a second chance, but a third, fourth xxxx chances because, trust me, we all need it at some point. I realised that truly, "PEOPLE MAY FORGET WHAT YOU SAID, OR WHAT YOU DID, BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL" However as I seat at my desk, a different colleague, takes a seat opposite me and goes "Elly thanks so much for all your prayers, God has started answering them and he goes along to share all the testimonies and at the end he says elly I need you to get me the devotional you usually give me, cos I misplaced them, I also want you to pray for my girlfriend too and you wont believe it but the list went on and on. As I sat back, I realised, I have been preaching to this young man from the beginning of the year, and all the time, he always made a joke of it but you know what I persisted and today, hes coming under the grasp of our father. God is not looking for perfect people, He is looking for willing individuals. Let God use you today, to affect a life, they will never forget you, and your peace and fulfillment, will be limitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....