Monday 22 February 2016

Be Nice!

This is my true experience also all the stories on this blog are true. I don't just write stories, I relay life experiences...

My younger brother was having some challenges with trying to move home and finally over the weekend, he calls me and says he's finally seen something that he likes and has decided to settle for.
He had a meeting with his new landlady to be and as they talked through the contract, she just asked him a few questions about his family. My brother is an expert in giving close answers and he just goes my sister is in the  country as well. For some reason, she goes "What is your sisters name?" And he responds Elly Eleanor hahahaha(I laughed because, Eleanor is not actually my surname, my brother however has a stiff upper lip, but I never knew the brand name Elly Eleanor had captivated him. Hehehe).

Now when he responds "Elly", she mentions the company I work for, the branch I am located and the position I occupy. And she just screams for joy, picks up her phone and she's screaming joyfully as she speaks to me over the phone Wow! Now the full story is that I work in the financial sector, I offered financial services to her, and then she made sure I met her brother because she just fell in love with me *winks*( you guy's will have to wait for that bit of the story! hahaha). I also offered professional services to her brother which before they met me, proved impossible for a long time. She got me to meet her son and even her parents though I wasn't able to, meet her parents due to time constraint. And now she was going to be my brother's landlady?? Small world indeed!

Lessons to note;
We all have our secular jobs, but its not just about, the job you do, the wage you earn, or the bonus that drives you to go above and beyond. But its really about the person in front of you or the people with you, the way you connect with them, understand them, the genuine empathy you feel and your willingness to help because its the right thing to do not because there is a reward you desire. Because no matter how hard you pretend, people can see through you and people will always connect with a genuine person. So be genuine and most importantly, 'BE NICE'

Secondly, everyday we pray and expect miracles, but miracles don't always suddenly happen from outer blues. Your next miracle is the person beside you. How would you treat the people you meet today, if you knew that tomorrow, you will be needing their help? The landlady screamed when she heard my name and rang me instantly. You need to hear the excitement in her voice as she goes"Elly you cant run away from my friendship any more" Lol!. Lesson there is build bridges, not walls...

Thirdly, love people for who they are. Let your first name be so powerful that it becomes synonymous with the word 'NICE'. And most importantly be genuine! Yes!! Integrity will always take you places. This was really the highlight of my day today. In this day an age, where a lot of people always have an agenda for being nice/ doing a good deed, be the 'Difference'.
                                                             - - Elly.

1 comment:

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....