Sunday 22 May 2016

Turning Off The Life Support Machine...

Most times in life, a lot happens and in fact we put a lot on hold for when the time is right. But again, I always have to remind myself that time will never be right, that's just life. We have to do what we should and not let procrastination get in the way. A few day's ago, a dear friend lost his mum far away in Australia and as he described the entire ordeal, for the next 2 days, I was literally in a bit of shock as I knew her and she was very welcoming and really liked me and was very hospitable when ever I visited their family house. For the first time I put myself in the shoes of individuals who had to come to terms with the death of a loved one and now accept that the life support machine be turned off.  In their case, it actually took 24 hrs after she gave up the ghost for them to accept that the machine be turned off. (sighs). Losing a parent is one thing, but losing both  gives life a different meaning.

Few days after, he sent me a message on what's app and the conversation is as shown.











I have really had a lot going on for the past few weeks and really its just by God's grace that I have not had a melt down cos any normal person would. But the truth is that I am not normal, I truly say this. The power of God and the grace of the Holy spirit has helped me believe the extra ordinary and actually watch it all fall in place by His grace. Back to the chat;  You see how I had not responded until the message content changed? How many people do we put on hold who need us? To be fair, I was not ignoring him, I just said to myself that  I would get back to him but got tied with what I was doing. But when the content changed, I finally had the 'TIME'. I am a couple hours ahead of him due to our different zones but I ended up speaking with him past midnight my time and he was actually the one that pressured me to go back to bed after we had spoken for some time.

Bottom line is nothing is forever, lets make sure the time we have in our hands is used wisely. Everyone is fighting a battle, or going through some form of grief or challenge. So as you step out this week, just 'Be Nice'!

The past week, I had a  couple people lose close family and friends to the hands of death. I pray Gods comfort for everyone passing through grief. Be comforted!

4 comments:

  1. I am so much excited after reading your blog. Your blog is very much innovative and much helpful for any industry as well as for person assignment writing services

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meiko Kaito, I hope you continually get inspired as you read and remember to share this with a friend too.):

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Meiko Kaito, I hope you continually get inspired as you read and remember to share this with a friend too.):

      Delete

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....