Tuesday 30 August 2016

Entrepreneur Minds..

If you follow this blog, you must have realised that 'Entrepreneur Minds' is a recurrent tab. If you are new, welcome to the series, this is one of many to come. You can surf the blog for previous posts and get inspired. Starting a business is one thing, however starting a business in a country that you consider different due the time spent in the country, the belief system, the cultural differences and government regulations and policies is actually a 'Case study'. hahaha. When we think, Entrepreneur, we think liberation, innovation, self fulfillment and most importantly financial freedom! Yes!! I think the financial freedom comes first though hahahaha. But before money however comes character if the money must be sustained.



It couldn't have been clearer as I spoke with my dad as I discussed plans for the business I plan to launch in a country that has become home to me (smiles).  When I mention character, I am not just referring to honesty here, even though you don't need a soothsayer to tell you that's a major component. But in this case I am referring to 'YOU' or 'Me'.

For the context of this post, I will redefine character as the habits, patterns, planning and passion which define how well the business will thrive in Real time.

As children need routine, adults need routine equally but a lot do not understand this. Wasted time is worse than wasted money! Yes!!!

Image result for wasted time is worse than wasted money quote



And its not just who you spend your time with but what you spend your time doing. Social media is the biggest culprit. We invest so much time on this or on TV, watching other people build their empires. 

For the budding 'Entrepreneur' however, the first aspect of character, you have to develop is Discipline. Without discipline, you will have nothing done. It even comes down to how much time you spend in bed, spend in doing things that are not profitable, researching and planning and investing in people and businesses too....

I have a lot to say but for now, I still have a 9-5 job and I have to get to work and get to work early especially as I have got 2 more days before I kiss this job good bye and move on to the next exciting big stuff for me Yipee! ( Did you get my drift there?? Even when you hand in your resignation, hold your head high, take pride in yourself and put in the best you can because employers and colleagues never forget how you spent your last days. In summary.... They will talk about you, when you leave so give them more positives to talk about cos we are in the real world, they might say some negatives sometimes out of ignorance/stupidity or reality.

I have learned a lot on starting your business in a different climate..... Watch this space for more...

Have a fabulous week guys

X

Elly
















1 comment:

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....