Thursday 22 December 2016

Joke of the day!- An Economical Christmas

When you are a child, you spend Christmas with family by default in the ideal world. However as everyone grows and launches out to pursue dreams, career or even marriage, it becomes luxury to bring the entire family together at Christmas. This year, I am enjoying having the entire family together at this time of the year. My siblings and I have mapped out things to do with the parents over the period. However Sky news/TBN tends to be the 2 channels tuned when my dad is in the living room and of course with the repeat news, you can't miss any information especially the incidence in Berlin. Now the following conversation ensued..


Image result for christmas



Me: Dad/Mum, we are all going to(spells out the plans)

Parents: Elly we are going nowhere until we understand what these terrorists are on about. We should avoid every public gathering with high numbers as it is not safe(Now dad starts giving me this long chronology of all the misfortunes that has happened at this time of the year since 1900s)

Brother: Okay guys, lets stay positive, lets do this(spells out plans). There is no crowd this time its just a serene place, good ambiance and personalized service.

Parents: We are going nowhere, what ever you guys need to do, plan it in this house. You guys can do your thing or rather you guys please be careful and avoid crowded environments.

So now all plans are on hold and at least, the bank accounts should be happy with us all hahahaha.

Now I flip to Netflix, its 10pm and I am the only one in the living room and I decide to watch Focus because I have been meaning to see it but I have not had the time.  Few minutes into the movie, my mum joins me on the couch and we are both watching the movie. Now some hot steamy scene comes up and we are both watching. I do not fast forward and I do not leave the room, we both watch it in silence hahahahaha. How old am I again??? Please she can say nothing. However I am praying there are not many more scenes like these I have to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....