Wednesday 5 April 2017

Myanmar: Aung San Suu Kyi (Journalism & Politics)

I try hard to stay away from commenting & writing on political issues for several reasons. I however listened to this interview with so much interest. I actually had to listen to it thrice. I am not a political analyst but I will pick a few things which resonated with me 1. She listed her achievements which for me are quite a big deal coming from a developing country but for Fergel, he acted like it was not good enough and went on to highlight the shortcomings in her leadership. 2. This woman might be a leader but there's a lot that comes with politics that even the greatest leader is faced with which always proves a major challenge 3. The UN wants to conduct a 'Fact Find' but again I recall the UN activities in Syria and I will just leave this here 4. Resources are limited, when she resumed Power she invited a UN commission by Kofi Anan even before these attacks took place to draft a commission to help them find long term solutions to the ethnic tensions even before the present conflict (The right move if you ask me) 5. Sometimes I really wonder the purpose of interviews because most times the voice of the interviewer screams louder than the voice of the interviewed. Now why would the West want to compare her with Margaret Thatcher, Mother Theresa or Gandhi?? But again, we will only know what the media decides to show us: So any opinion formed is actually not holistic. What are your views I liked her responses and composure all the same....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....