Saturday 20 May 2017

Obedience

This morning as I said my prayers, I rounded it up with these words "Lord, today let me be your eyes, your ears and your hands. Let me light up someone else's world, let me bring hope to those in hopeless circumstances, let me cause someone to smile/laugh, as people come to me with their issues, and as my own issues prove challenging, give me wisdom to know how to respond and give the right counsel. I want to be a christian indeed, loving as Christ did and showing compassion along the way. Let me be true in my dealings....

Now as I was praying, I could hear my phone vibrate. When I was done with prayers, I went to the bathroom, did my stuff, put on my favourite channel SkyNews (lol) and when I was done with the headlines, I went to see why that phone kept buzzing.


Image result for obedience
Photocredit:Erik &Elena Brewers weblog

And it was an individual who needed my help as the situation was really dire. And instantly, the prayer I prayed, just flashed before me. I decided within me to help with a certain amount but the spirit said No! double the amount. Some days I really don't have the energy to argue with the Holy Spirit and this was one of those days. I just asked for the account number and made the transfer instantly because I felt, I might forget if I didn't deal with it ASAP or I might start deliberating on the amount to give .

The moral of all of this is, when you say a prayer, do you mean it? If you say I love God, do you obey His leading or do you start to rationalize when you are instructed? Be careful of the prayer you say, because the answer is on the way. The truth is that if I didn't help this individual, God would definitely have used someone else. But I am privileged to be used, and I am thankful to God for the grace to obey. Trust me the problem intelligent individuals have is that we always try to analyse every situation. But some situations require just 'Obedience' and not 'Analysis'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....