Tuesday 2 May 2017

Start Living!

Life presents us with so many people to impress which alters the way we live our lives. The unfortunate part is that if we keep seeking validation in people, then we end up living a life of discontentment, a life in which we build walls which ends up imprisoning us, limiting us and eventually making us puppets of the same people we seek validation from.

In September, I started a new job and with a new job, comes the pressure to have your new team like you and approve of what you do. But you know what, my mantra is always that I will do this job to the best of my ability, for myself, not to please anyone but to justify 'ME'. I was not employed to make friends but to do a job and guess what? I have done that job very well to the glory of God!

3 months into the job, I referred a friend, who got taken on and as a result of my referral, she had several stages of the interview bypassed because I was consulted on her work ethics, personality and intellectual capacity.

Last week, I received such a wonderful appraisal again. My focus has been to do this job well especially seeing that it is linked to my future plans and because I have done it well by Gods grace, it has made virtually everyone sing my praise.

Lesson for today! Live your life and do whatever your hands come across properly for yourself and not to just seek validation!!

1 comment:

  1. Great nugget for today on work ethic. Keep up your good work.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....