Wednesday 26 July 2017

Future View...

Last week, Volvo announced that in 2019, it will stop the production of diesel and petrol cars and produce only Hybrid and electric cars. Just today the UK government announced that by 2040, there would be a ban on petrol and diesel powered cars, some parts of Europe actually have this ban set for earlier dates.

Image result for 2040
Photocredit: Good Pitch Australia

2 years ago, I was at a conference at Harvard University and quite a number of researchers were working on several innovative ideas for the future. In their own words they said that in a couple years some professionals would be out of jobs due to what their coming up with. I will not name those professions for obvious reasons. Now as I sat listening to the news with my cuppa in one hand, I kept thinking of how relevant I was to my present employer. I pray that by next year if everything goes as planned I will successfully be able to say that I am "self employed" but even at that, how relevant will my business be ? How good is my USP(unique selling point), how well am I doing with identifying the gap in the market? To be successful, you must be relevant and quick to observe various changes, not just in your immediate environment but globally. The future belongs to the courageous....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....