Friday 12 July 2013

My Home Made Banana Smoothie



Everything can be turned around for your good/use and why do I say that? Few days ago, I received a fruit basket. Its so funny however because a night before I had my last portion of fruits and reminded myself to replenish it the next day and before I know what is going on, I receive this massive basket of fruits. However grateful I was, there were lots of bananas and bananas are not my thing at all. I just find them to full in my mouth lol. So what do I do, I begin to split the fruits with my colleagues and you know what fruit I start with! Yes the bananas of course, but today not even one person wanted a banana regardless of how good they looked. So I am stuck with all these bananas. As I make my way home, I dont just feel good chucking all those bananas in the bin, knowing that it costs someone money and there are starving people all over the world, and at that moment a thought came to me, I so love my milk as well as youghurts, so I will make a delicious smoothie yummy! I have never made one before, I normally just pick it up from the shops, but I told myself, definitely this is not rocket science and I started out to try out my banana smoothie after scanning through the recipe.
The steps are really so easy and the taste,so refreshing

INGREDIENTS 
Bananas
Crushed Ice
Milk
Yoghurts
Strawberries, vanilla flavour, almonds(optional)

STEPS
Wash and slice your bananas


Add your slice bananas to your blending, gently adding your yoghurt and milk. For me I am really conscious of my food so I use semi skimmed milk and low fat yoghurt. But any will do.
                                                  semi- skimmed milk


                                         Rather than add vanilla flavour, I just added flavoured yoghurt. Easy!




                                                      Glass of crushed ice

                                      A combination of it all in the blender, looks this way.

And you have got your lovely smoothie! Enjoy!
And if you are gonna leave some in the refrigerator, always shake before consumption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....