Wednesday 31 July 2013

The Sting Of Death!

We surely make plans, but I have come to understand that we should write our plans in pencil, and give God the eraser. However in real time, its so difficult to constantly do this. Because for me, when I make plans I try to pay every attention to detail to ensure, everything works according to the blue print. It just has to be seamless and all flaws dealt with. Definitely we all dont want to be involved in plans that end up being recipes for disaster.

Every now and again however, we are reminded that regardless of how well we make our plans, there are powers greater than us, and things wont always be EQUAL.
I looked forward to the weekend with anticipation, as plans were made from the beginning of the year, to make this weekend a truly memorable one. That expectation, hope and excitement was however short lived when I suddenly wake up on the 29th of July 2013, I look at my alarm, which has been set for 4am only to find out its just 1:05am, and as I toss in bed, my body really tired and yet restless and unable to sleep, I feel the chill in my bones and realise, that something is not just right! 


The only thing left to do at this time however is to pray and shortly afterwards, my phone begins to ring endlessly and clearly I know that at this time of the day, its only a miracle if its good news at the other end. I quickly round up my prayers and as I pick up the phone, all I  hear is screams, wails and cries. How could this be, why now, how come, it cant be true....... The words of denial fill my mouth but as much as I hate to admit, its true. Death has finally struck......the stings piercing deep into my heart and so deep that I become breathless.

At that point in time, all that is left is memories; the times shared, the tears shed, the arguments had, the resentment I felt at some point, everything just comes alive, and the next question asked is, what is life? Is the strife, competition, bitterness, hate, unforgiveness, fights etc really worth the waste of time?

The clock is really ticking, tomorrow isnt guaranteed, when we go down, all that is left is memories.
In the busyness of life however, after a certain time of mourning we tend to forget that life is passing. We dont own our lives, the bible says one day, we will stand to give account of the life given to us, how we treated others, the words we spoke, the thoughts we nursed, the helping hand we held out or rather held back. And its quite metaphoric because its still these same things that others have of us, in form of memories when we are no more.

Make peace with your yesterday, work at making today remarkable so that you dont carry along the baggage of regrets, what ifs, had I known etc into your tomorrow. And most of all be at peace with your "CREATOR" because at life's end, that is all that matters! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....