Saturday 27 July 2013

THE HELP

  Its the week-end for most of us, and for some others its just another day to get busy with work, chores, errands, partys, drop-in sections, hairdressers, barber shop, laundry, groceries, My Oh My! The list is endless. It just goes on and on. Some time in the week however, I read an article on burning out. Yes with the busyness of life sometimes, we end up burning ourselves out to the very end, and if you are as critical as I am, you keep on asking yourself if its all necessary? But you dont normally have enough time to dwell on that as a distraction from your yet to be accomplished tasks also props up in your mind, at just about same time. How timely! Lol.
Well in all the hustle and bustle, please take time to REST and STORE, which brings about your RESTORATION. And its only when we are fully restored, can we forge ahead, with greater strength, zeal and determination to achieve that oustanding success. And what better way to do this than chilling with a novel! Yes you heard me right.
It relaxes the brain and mind in ways you can never imagine.
I have been reading the HELP by Kathryn Stockett, whose movie won the Oscars in 2012. I actually watched the movie, two years ago but reading the book is so amazing. I have always felt, the fun and excitement of watching movies far outweighed the pleasure of just reading. But when I started reading bestselling novels years ago, I remember watching John Grishams the Firm, and because I had already read the novel, I got so upset with the movie as I felt it had been over edited and many parts were missed and I just walked out on it.
So amidst the busyness today, take out time to relax and get rejuvenated and if you needed ideas on what to do, get this book, go to the park and enjoy your read with your crisps, drink and sanwiches.

Have a great weekend guys!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....