Wednesday 10 July 2013

The Perfect Planner

Most of us believe in chance, luck or coincidence. However I belong to a different school of thought. I am of the opinion that everything happens for different reasons, and the timing, place, people and situations are all orchestrated by God. To buttress this fact, I will share a part of the scripture I read in my devotion this morning.

Judges 7:7-15.   And the LORD said unto Gideon, By the three hundred men that lapped will I save you, and deliver the Midianites into thine hand: and let all the other people go every man unto his place. So the people took victuals in their hand, and their trumpets: and he sent all the rest of Israel every man unto his tent, and retained those three hundred men: and the host of Midian was beneath him in the valley.
And it came to pass the same night, that the LORD said unto him, Arise, get thee down unto the host; for I have delivered it into thine hand. 10 But if thou fear to go down, go thou with Phurah thy servant down to the host: 11 And thou shalt hear what they say; and afterward shall thine hands be strengthened to go down unto the host. Then went he down with Phurah his servant unto the outside of the armed men that were in the host. 12 And the Midianites and the Amalekites and all the children of the east lay along in the valley like grasshoppers for multitude; and their camels were without number, as the sand by the sea side for multitude. 13 And when Gideon was come, behold, there was a man that told a dream unto his fellow, and said, Behold, I dreamed a dream, and, lo, a cake of barley bread tumbled into the host of Midian, and came unto a tent, and smote it that it fell, and overturned it, that the tent lay along. 14 And his fellow answered and said, This is nothing else save the sword of Gideon the son of Joash, a man of Israel: for into his hand hath God delivered Midian, and all the host.
15 And it was so, when Gideon heard the telling of the dream, and the interpretation thereof, that he worshipped, and returned into the host of Israel, and said, Arise; for the LORD hath delivered into your hand the host of Midian. 

The Israelites were constantly oppressed by the Midianites and the Lord raised a man to deliver Israel in the person of Gideon. However he was a bit lily livered about the whole idea and at some point God had to speak to him through the same people he dreaded. The Lord gave a Midianite a dream, and as it was being interpreted by his fellow Midianite, Gideon had come down to the camp of the Midianites and heard the entire conversation and this braced him up to face the Midianites and subsequently subdue them. Coincidence some may call this, but I call it Gods perfect planning . Not just in this case but  in several instances like the samaritan woman meeting Jesus at the well, the man at the pool of bethsaida, Rebekah meeting Eleazar and getting married to Isaac and so many more. 

In our daily lives most times we meet people in the shops, in the parking lot, at work, on the train and one thing leads to another and when a conversation is struck, we end up getting the information/knowledge/network/encouragement we need to take us to the next level. And I don't called this luck, I call it the PERFECT PLANNER AT WORK. Life is not all about getting God involved but its about letting Him lead. 
And as you do so today, may you experience peace and fulfillment like never before.

TODAYS PRAYER
Lord I know you have got good  plans for me, and as I step out today, let everything and everyone you have planned to take me to that place of fulfillment  work according to plan. Give me the grace to recognise you at work in everything I do, to be a blessing to all around me and to not take your blessings to me for granted by attributing my success to my skill/ability/knowledge or to someone else. Because only in pleasing you do we come to that state of REST. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....