Thursday 5 November 2015

Life & Death...

Yesterday I went up to the city after work about Charing Cross to meet up with a friend and as we walked across to get to the other side of Piccadilly, we saw a man who had slumped and initially I tried to understand what was going on as the crowd started growing, and I observed his heavy breathing, his eyes changing, people frantically calling the ambulance emergency service, I was a bit confused. I wondered if he was asthmatic and was having an attack until it finally dawned on me that this man was actually having a heart attack. We watch all the symptoms on TV, attend first aid courses, know the rescue positions and are glad we are equipped. But when the chips are down, we find out our nerves get the best of us and its a different kettle of fish. Anyways some individuals came to the rescue, however before my very eyes, this man was gone! What a sight.... His daughters broke down in tears, and more individuals tried to continuously administer CPR, there was a pulse at this point but it was not good enough as he lay lifeless, the emergency services had arrived at this point and I didn't want to watch the end of it but silently kept praying that God would have mercy and keep him. I couldn't bare to look at his three lovely daughters as they cried and were in extreme shock. As we walked away just within hearing distance, there was a flash mob kind of thing going on and some young individuals were displaying their acrobatic skills and there was still another crowd.... Distances apart, two crowds, one man struggling to live, and another displaying so much life..... As I think about it all, a constant reminder is that there is a thin line between life and death.... You just never know. The bible says if the Lord does not watch over a city, the watchmen watch in vain. You can never be too careful. If we live, we should live for Christ and when the inevitable happens(death) we should also die in Him. Have you made peace with God today? If No is your answer and you are reading this,then the opportunity presents itself. Having a relationship is different from being a church goer or ticking the box christian. The question is do you really love God??? And do you have a relationship with Him? All the while, through last night, this song played in my head and I said the prayer in my heart. May God keep Us.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....