Thursday 26 November 2015

THANKSGIVING!

Thanksgiving is a celebration peculiar to America and North America. This year however I chose to write specifically on this day. Thanksgiving really should be a daily lifestyle and not just a marked event. Some people did not live to witness this year's thanksgiving but we can be thankful for everyday because everyday is a gift.
Lesson 1: Don't wait until thanksgiving to be appreciative/thankful cos it might never come.
Image result for thanksgiving

Also we tend to give thanks for the heights we have reached, things achieved, victories won and grounds conquered. How about being thankful for the things we think we lost? the promotions denied? the setbacks we think we experienced? the loved ones lost? and everything we think we want/want to be but have not attained yet? We ask the why's and try to reason why the situation seems so daunting and impossible..... But the truth is asking so many Why's and seeking the Reasons for every situation that we think has gone pear shaped, will steal the joy of today and consequently impact on our determination to approach tomorrow with fearless confidence.

Lesson 2: Be thankful for every situation because in the end we find out that they are just detours and truly they have already been predestined by God. One thing is certain for those that love God and the summary is that be it good or unpleasant, it all works out for our good!


Now  when it comes to thanksgiving, its a show of gratitude to God and the celebration is with family. What does that say? That in the end, after the struggle, what really matters, is our response to God and our sacrifices and love for the people that have become family. Not just by blood but by the way we have touched their lives.

Prayer: Lord today I am thankful for your love, your mercies, your grace upon my life, for the things you have saved me from, from the blessings you have brought my way, the dangers you have protected me from, the family you have put me in, the people I have been able to bless by your grace, for people who have blessed me in so many ways, for the tears that I have shed because it increased my dependence on you and has caused me to view life in a more realistic way. I am indeed thankful for I know with firm confidence, that greatness awaits me tomorrow. For all these and more I bow before you and pour out my heart to you in gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....