Saturday 14 November 2015

Tick! Tock!!!

I had my coffee in one hand and ate my eggs and sausages with the other while I still chatted with a friend who suggested we spend Christmas in Paris. As it is my routine, I have the news channel  on as I get dressed for work and its the first channel I put on when I get back. And I had sky news on and there it was breaking news! Terror in Paris. I watched in dismay as the death toll kept rising. Some are having coffee and sausages and others are dying and others in anguish. As if that was not enough, I received a message via whats app, my friend and her hubby were in Paris for the weekend and were right in the middle of it all and she sent the message as they took cover on the floor of a nearby restaurant. I was making plans, and these people also had great plans for the future. To man belong the plans of the heart, but God decides which comes to pass(Prov 16:1) I am yet to get over the Russian airline, that crashed with photos of families that just wanted happiness, most on their way back from vacation. In Syria, Nigeria and lots of places people are dying from terrorism, war, poverty due to corruption of greedy and corrupt leaders.





In the midst of it all, we act like we have permanent residence here on earth. Tomorrow is not guaranteed and nothing is for ever. Death however is guaranteed though the form of exit for each of us might be different. When it finally happens, will you be ready to face your maker?? We are in the end time and the bible says evil will be on the increase. Have you made peace with God? Today is another opportunity.

I sincerely pray for all the families that have lost loved ones due to terror, plane crashes, sickness and disease. A lot of pain in the world. God help us all. We will not faint. God over all!

2 comments:

  1. I pray for the families and friends of the lost. Thanks for this early morning kick. The question 'When it finally happens, will you be ready to face your maker?' is a wake up call for us. God bless you Elly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, God bless us all and most importantly, may we realise that life is ephemeral and make amends in areas that are needful

      Delete

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....