Monday 25 March 2013

Character Update....Persistence + Consistence=Actualization.

Yea I have been loyal to the blackberry hub for a while, not because I love it so much but simply because I am not as technology savvy as most of you, and trust me the ads must really be top-notch to gain my attention and even there after it wears off as quickly as it got my attention lol!
Recently however, I updated/upgraded to the android phone as well as a windows 8 really lovely HP laptop, and its been a beautiful/fast experience and I really do give it to them, improvement in technology is here to make life better most of the time.
All the same, everyone wants an upgrade/update of some sort, some folks are really trailing the latest inventions/fashion, be it the cars, phones, clothes, jewellery and you name it, theres always something to want. It may surprise you to know that I was having a conversation with a friend at some point and as she described an individual she goes" Yea he ticks the address box". This made me burst out in a mixture of laughter and astonishment and all I imagine is seriously we cant be this shallow. In essence all I am trying to say is that in order to live up to peoples expectations most times, we even have the urgent urge to update our postcodes/zip codes/locations etc.
Don't get me wrong, life is beautiful and if you can comfortably afford the good things of life(note the word there is COMFORTABLY) without getting yourself into debt or your conscience damped then go for it people!
But how often do we get our character/attitudes updated? I hear some people say "that's the way I am and I cant change"?? Did I hear rightly? even animals have been groomed to act better and more intelligibly, it still beats my imagination that there are special dogs trained to detect heart attacks and warn the sufferers/ even place a dial and how can a higher being adamantly refuse change? You know why? Because change is difficult and requires a great deal of work and we will rather just go with the easier option than enforce this change. In the book of 1sam 10:9, the bible says that as Saul turned to leave, God changed his heart.  Yes it all starts with the heart, because our character is a product of largely the content of our heart/background/and experiences but you know what? The tax collector(Zacchaeus) got changed, the prostitute got transformed and even David said the only way a young man can cleanse His way is by taking heed to the word of God. James 4:8 says if we draw near to God, He draws near to us.
Developing the right character is a lifetime process, we never get there, but the more we try the better we become by His grace. It starts however with identifying the habits that need updating, and developing ways of bringing about this change daily. I always say take baby steps as well as daily steps.
Persistence + Consistence=Actualization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....