Sunday 20 November 2016

Humility.....

Recently in my study time, I have been studying the book of 2Kings in the old testament. Something stands out for me in all the characters though. Firstly, I can relate to them because they all had temptations which are similar to the temptations we encounter today. They were either filled with pride, disobedient, drawn to women, made foolish decisions to their own hurt and that of Israel/Judah, rejected the warnings of the prophets sent to straighten them up and the list goes on. But in all one thing stood out! God's love...

Now anytime God was about to destroy them, they were forewarned, now that's mercy at work because going by the sins they committed, if I were God, I will send a tornado to wipe them all out and I will do it unannounced (hahaha). But thank God that I am not God.....



However whenever they were forewarned, some went in sackcloth and ashes and repented of their sins.... Check them out from Ahab, Hezekiah, Josiah, Manasseh, Jehoahaz etc. In fact Manasseh was described as the worst/most wicked king but when he was chastised he was humble enough to go on his knees and ask God for forgiveness. The question is are you humble?

I was chatting with a young man yesterday and while he was mentioning his accomplishments, I saw so much humility because humility/pride are so transparent and humans don't need bifocals to differentiate between the two. And I told him, its your humility that makes you endearing.

For some of the kings in the old testament however, they were neck deep in arrogance and wickedness and their end leaves nothing to be desired.

If you have an issue with pride, ask the holy spirit for help. Start practising humility today and improve on it, also have a constant reminder of death.... Yes death has the power to keep us in check!

Have a fab week.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....