Friday 14 June 2013

Ellys Thoughts...

A colleague, was speaking to her husband over the phone just ear-shot from me, and clearly I could tell they were deciding on what to have for dinner. The conversation however ended with a quick "I love you" and at that I smiled and I asked must you always affirm that? To that she responds "Elly touch wood, you never know what happens when I walk through the door, and I want that to be the last thing he remembers God forbid, if anything happens". Trust me and the way I probe lol cos I go further to say, dont tell me you say it for the sake of it and she goes, "Elly its become part of us and we say it because we love each other, there are equally days when we have really bad arguments and over the phone, I  angrily say bastard and still end with a quick I love you(smiles). The things our emotions make us do.
Because of the distance in  location, between my dad and myself, he received his fathers day gift quite early yesterday precisely. And it really took him by suprise, it wasnt a lot trust me, but it left a big impact and a phone conversation that will be unforgettable.




I keep saying, its the little things we do, that make a huge difference. It might just be that needed word, that encouragement, that call, that hug, that note or even a listening ear, that brightens the day of someone else and might even be the last reflection they have of you as they leave the earth.

We should never take for granted, the blessings God has surrounded us with in the form of  family, friends, neighbours, colleagues etc. The more we see the good in people and celebrate people, the happier our lives become. Same goes for our love for God, He has called us His masterpiece. What does it mean to be Gods own masterpiece? If we understand that, we begin to see that no plan of the enemy can abort Gods plan for us.He chose us amidst our imperfections and He says, I have loved you with an everlasting love. Everyday is a blessing from the Father.
Enjoy His Blessings and Be the Blessing
(Need more inspiring words? Follow me on twitter @ellyeleanor1)

1 comment:

  1. Steven Onyenobi14 June 2013 at 19:37

    I love you, as simple as the sentence looks when said with sincerity is very powerful. Say it to your enemy and it would catch him/her unawares and would bring about a surprise response from the person. Tell it to someone you have emotions for and every wrong would seem right. Tell it to our FATHER in Heaven and hhhhhmmmmmmmmm, HE would respond in ways that eyes have not seen nor ear heard and you will remain forever delighted......

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....