Saturday 29 June 2013

SEX SCARS!


I read this really inspiring article from Cecelia Simons blog, stunning lady I must say and cream of the crop is, she loves the Lord. It might not be the most popular topic but at the end of the day, we are a product of the choices we make. *THINK LONGTERM*


YOU ARE SO WORTH THE WAIT…

The other  week on FaceBook I mentioned how my heart grieved for someone concerning sex before marriage and that I was praying for them. That burden remains as I type today and most likely will remain because that particular subject is my purpose and I am so passionate about it. I want girls to understand how beautiful they are in God’s eyes and how valuable the treasure they carry around on the inside of them is. Although I have given the burden over to God, it is my desire to prevent those who come after me from making the same mistakes I made. Now, for the second time and second attempt to write this blog ( I tried to write this before we went on vacation and it was deleted…the devil thought he won…NOT!)  it goes out specifically to those who desire a more intimate realtionship with God, but sexual sin is preventing you from coming to Him with your whole heart. Satan has convinced you that you’re not worthy and as a result,  you feel guilty and ashamed.
Now, let’s just put the devil in his place and set the records straight. The bible reminds us in Romans 8 verses 35, 38and 39  (KJV) that NOTHING can come between God’s love for us!
35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
This is one of my favorite scriptures to read because God reminds us that He loves us unconditionally! His love is everlasting  and NOTHING you do can change how much Jesus loves you! Even when we feel what we’ve done is so nasty, ugly, perverted, and freaky,  God STILL loves us and He won’t ever stop! We make the mistake by disowning Him, but he will NEVER disown us! He loves us too much to leave us! How great is our God?!! I know, right!!!
However, this is what He has to say about sexual sin, and it hurts him to see us engage in an activity that  is meant to be carried out in a marriage relationship.
1Corinthians 6:18 says, “Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is sin against your own body.” (NLT)
Now, I love this scripture too, and WISHED I would’ve had someone sit down and read it with me when I was going through a season when I didn’t understand my worth and value my body. Knowing and applying this to my life would have helped me avoid a lot of pain, heartache, and tears. I was a mess,but now, it is my ministry!! PRAISE GOD!

So, what does sexual sin mean? How does it hurt and harm us? Glad you asked!
I believe that sexual sin is one of  the greatest sins you can comitt, not because it’s greater than any of the others, such as murder, lieing, stealing, cheating, etc. but what I mean is that, the affects and consequences of having sex before marriage harms not only your physical body, but emotional, mental, and spiritual body as well ! The activity of sexual sin before marriage gets on the inside of you, and it takes YEEEEAARS, some times even decades to receive freedom from it’s torment!!
The scripture says, “for sexual inmorality is sin against your own body.”  Simply stated, instead of smoking cigarettes, just ask the attendance clerk behind the counter at the corner store to give you cancer! or, instead of drinking alcohol, just ask the cashier who sells you the liquor to give you blood disease and cause your liver and kidneys to fail and then you die, but 1000 times worse!!
The bible says it like this in 1 Corinthians 6:15-16 (NLT)
15. “Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ? Should a man take his body which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never!
16. “And don’t you realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? For the scriptures say, the two are united into one.”
We all know, or have concluded that a prostitute is someone who engages in sexual intercourse for money, correct? Correct.  (Don’t you just love how I answer my own question:) This is true…However, not completely. According to the definition on dictionary.com,  we’ve failed to embrace the whole definition. It is true, that a prostitute sells his/her body for money, but dictionary.com also states that a person who willingly uses his or her talent or ability in an unworthy wayis also considered a prostitute.
Now, based on the definition from dictionary.com AND scripture, if you are joining yourself with someone in sexual activity before marriage, then you are becoming one with that person. If they are willlingly using his or her talent and ability in an unworthy way, according to scripture and by definition, you and the one you are with is prostituting your body. I know, kinda harsh, but the truth cuts, hurts and then HEALS! The scripture says when you join with someone who is NOT your spouse, you become ONE with them. Women receive what the man gives and the man receives what the woman gives. Unwanted spirits, disease, and matters of the heart are being transferred. A sexual transaction is taking place. You bought what you paid for and many times the moment was NOT worth the money! Why? Because there are lasting affects of having  sexual intercourse with someone you are not in a covenant, married relationship with that goes deeper than the surface. This man or woman is not just touching your body, you are allowing them to touch your soul!!
The Word of God reminds us to “protect our hearts at all cost”…because out of it flows the issues of life. (Proverbs 4:23)
So let’s take a look at how having sex before marriage hurts our hearts when we fail to protect it!

1. Someone will ALWAYS get hurt!

After the deed is done, you feel like you own him and he feels like he owns you. You get jealous when he speaks to the girl on the other isle in the grocery store and you begin to pout for the rest of the afternoon. He gets angry when you smile at the guy serving your food at the restaurant and doesn’t call you for a week. Now both of you are upset because you have given your treasure away, you feel violated and ashamed.  Why? because there hasn’t been a mutual, relationship COMMITMENT to one another. When the relationship has been comitted to Christ through a  marriage covenant, there’s no need to be jealous. Both husband and wife are subject to God’s authority as a married couple and they live by what the bible says about marriage. When you are not married you are free to do as you wish. He can speak to whom ever he wants and she can smile at every boy that passes by because you have not paid the price for her called marriage and vice versa.

2. The Risk of Disease and Death

When your body is not comitted to one person, you run the risk of transferring bodily fluids to one another. This in turn creates AIDS, STD’s, pain and pregnancy! In most cases, new exposures to STDs that you have had in the past can cause you to get the infection again. Most treatments don’t protect you from developing the STD at a future time. If your partner has not been treated, you may pass the infection back and forth. Without the right precautions, you could acquire a second STD or a recurrence of the same infection. AND we all know condoms do NOT protect from disease or pregnancy!
Look at what God has to say about it…
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NLT)
Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
Your body is a holy temple unto God. Respect it and others will also. What you allow, others will accept. Set standards. Don’t compromise. Trust God to meet all of your needs…and YES, that one t00!

3. Your Personality is Affected

When I mentioned previously about spirit transference, I’d like to expound on that now a bit. There are times when you may feel lonely and desperate. You  may feel like killing someone or even yourself. Privately you think to yourself, “Where in the world are these thoughts coming from?” You know you would never do such a thing, but these thoughts you’re having, have confused and misled you. You know you’re  not the type of person who would kill anybody and you can’t figure out where these feeligs are coming from. Well friends, I know, I’ve been there and I’m here to help!
Those feelings my dear are coming from people you have allowed yourself to be ONE with. Remember what the scriptures say, when you join yourself to a prostitute (one who uses his/her abilities and talents in an unworthy way) you become ONE with them. You thought you just became one with their body, but  when God speaks about oneness, He refers to being ONE in SPIRIT. Remember, I told you,  the affects are long lasting and deeper than the surface? You my friend take on the feelings, personality, and characteristics of the person you chose to join yourself with. That is why God commanded  the MARRIAGE relationship to be between a man and a woman. It is not until after committing their relationship to God in marriage,  the married man and woman have the right and privilege  to engage in sexual intecourse. Consequently, if you are not married, not only do you take on the personality of the one you were with, but EVERYONE that he has been with, and they have been with, etc. etc.YES, my friends, ERRRRRYBODY!


 It’s not uncommon for people to have multiple partners when they’re not married and PLEASE don’t be too gullible to think you’re the only one, if he hasn’t committed himself to you through God by a marriage covenant, it’s likely you’re NOT the only one!
Friends, there’s no need to jump into bed with everyone who says they will have you. You are so much more valuable to God than that. He loved you so much, He died for you. So, next time you’re in the bed with someone that’s not your husband, ask him does he love you enough to die for you like Jesus did,  then wait on the answer. If he says “No”, then run as fast as you can away from him and never talk to him again!  If he says “Yes” then tell him to prove it in marriage!
I know because I’ve traveled down this road  many days seeking in men what only God could give me. His love and compassion is everlasting. Man’s touch has never made me  feel the way God’s touch does. He satisfies my every desire and after being  intimate in worship with Him I don’t walk away feeling guilty and ashamed. I acutally feel free, whole and safe. Sisters and Brothers, make a vow to God and yourself this day to let God meet everyone of your needs ’cause if I had any regrets in life at this point, it would be that I’d saved myself for marriage.
Let us pray,
God thank you for reminding us of how valuable we are to you. You said you’ll never leave us nor forsake us. You’ve promised to meet everyone of our needs. Father, we cry out to you and ask you to remove all the guilt, shame and pain our past  mistakes have brought upon us and forgive us oh God, of our sins. We commit our bodies to you from this day forward and we thank you that when temptation comes you have already made a way of escape. In Jesus name we pray, Amen!
HOMEWORK: Make a list of every guy or girl you’ve slept with that was not your husband or wife on a sheet of paper. Name every last one of them. If you can’t remember ask God to help you remember. Then when you have finished writing down all the names, fold  it and say this prayer…
Lord, I give these people back to you. They no longer have control over my thoughts, emotions, or my body. Heal me from the pain, wounds, and scars they may have left behind and bless them like you never have before. I am no longer a slave to sexual sin or my past, I am free to walk in your ways, In Jesus name, Amen!
After you have said this prayer, then light a match to the piece of paper with all the names written, and BURN IT!! Watch it go up in flames and  disgard the ashes. This activity symbolizes your freedom in Christ and your new commitment to God to protect and keep your body until marriage. I’ve done this activity myself. I’m cheering you on every step of the way!!!  ) U CAN, and U WILL because the power lies withIN YOU!
XOXOXO

-Cecelia(http://caterpillarstransformedis.me/2013/06/28/you-are-so-worth-the-wait/)

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME woman of God!! Thank you and I love the picture you chose for the header!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all you Cecelia, I read it and went wow! and I couldnt help sharing. Its really an unpopular subject among even christians, but at the end of the day, we are a product of our choices. Bless you love

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....