Saturday 8 June 2013

God Held Me Together

Early this morning, I was awoken by the sound of my alarm, and this is one of the mornings, I didnt want to hear that sound, for petes sake is the long awaited weekend, even though theres a lot of to dos lined up. And at this point its 5:05am, and as I lay down there quietly, I couldnt help but imagine that every night we go to bed, without the assurance of getting up the next day, but we still set our alarms, that is called HOPE. And as I kept reminiscing on all that has happened in my life the past couple months, when I was at my lowest and I felt I had lost grip on everything and how He brought me through it all, I cant help but stand in awe of this God. You know when you think you have everything under control, be very careful because uncertainty seems to be ever present. Situations change, people change, and even natural disasters come unannounced, and in a blink everything just seems so different, and suddenly your life comes to a halt. But when I felt, mine come to a Halt, I broke down on my knees and went back to the ONE who knows it All, and can FIX it all. And I prayed the prayer of Ps 139 vs 1-24. In brokeness I said Lord, you know it all, I dont have to explain, you know my intentions, my weaknesses, my desires, my fears and amidst all that is happening, you know what is best for me. Give me the grace to go through this and let it be to your glory. At that point, God brought people, He gave me ideas, made the situations fall in place in my favour, and as I think of it all, I am still very far from where I want to be, but I am so confident that I will exceed my expectations, because I see what He has done and remember what He says in Jer29: 11, that He's plans for me are plans for good and it brightens my day. In one of those times, very early one morning, my phone rang and it was my dad on the phone, and he says "Elly I want you to know and never forget that I love you and it hurts me to see you hurt, but I want you to remember that no matter what happens, I will keep loving you and I am here for you". And you know what I felt like I had heard the voice of God. Now you might not be priviledged to have a father, who tells you that, but you have an even better father, our God, who says He will never leave us nor forsake us. That pain will do three main things for you like it did for me, 1: It will bring that vision/dream to pass, because sometimes we are so comfortable where we are, and we need a kick on our butt, in the form of obstacles/disappointments to bring our dreams to reality. 2: It will draw you nearer to God, cos you realise your strength/ideas can only bring you that far 3: It causes you to be a source of inspiration to others, as you can empathise with them, and as they see your genuine concern in them, and realise you have come out strong from same situation, it ignites the hope in them. Its funny as I thought on all these I kept saying, He's helped me and began humming He's raised me up so I can stand on mountains...... And if you are reading this, I want you to know that its not over until, you say so. If you set, your alarm in hope, that you will be awakened the next morning, is it too much to believe that God will make the situation better? *THINK LONGTERM* (And remember to listen in, as I will be on air, Monday,10th of June 2013. Between 6-7pm on www.londonchristianradio.com, You can also listen via I Tunes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....